Mamma's got a new pair of shoes...

I recently splurged on a new pair of shoes for going back to school.  I am a special education teacher and not only am I on my feet much of the day, I cover a lot of territory on any given day monitoring my students in other classes.  My school wardrobe is a mix of jeans and t-shirts or Lularoe leggings or dresses - so I needed something that could be dressed up or down.

My sister recommended the brand, Allbirds, and it took me almost a year to make the purchase because I tend to take a long time to spend money on myself.  I regularly browsed the website and the variety of styles but never splurged and made the final purchase.

Well, now that I finally have my first pair of Allbirds, I can't say enough about how amazing they are!  I purchased a pair of Wool Runners and putting another pair of Wool Loungers on my Christmas list.  These shoes are super comfy and cozy, make my feet feel special and pampered!

My Review

Cost:   $95 + free shipping
* I realize $95 is not really that much for a pair of good quality shoes, and now that I have a pair, I realize this price is more than fair.  The free shipping is a perk that you almost expect when shopping online.

Fit:   I normally wear a 7.5, but I went a half-size up as recommended and the 8 is a good fit.

Wear:  I wear them with shorts, jeans, leggings, casual dresses.  I got the Natural Grey so they would coordinate with most of my wardrobe.  So far I have worn them without socks and have had no issues with smelly feet.  My feet do not sweat and the inside of the shoe is super soft.  I expect as the weather cools down, I will add some lightweight no show socks.

Special Notes:
* When I am not wearing my Allbirds, I keep them in my office which has a special latch so my dogs can't get in.  I have three dogs who enjoy a good chew on new shoes and one who is especially fond of wool.
* These would make a nice gift for anyone in your life who you feel like spending a bit extra.  I already have several people in mind.

Comments