So much "nothing" to write about....
If I gained one thing from my History major 25 years ago it is my writing skills. As a special education teacher, I can write effective parent emails (highlight positive first, then tack on the negative in a positive way), enthralling lesson plans ( yeah, I know, who really reads those lesson plans anyway!), concise discipline summaries (stick to the facts mam!), and riveting present levels of performance for an IEP document (again - focus on the positive).
Recently, I have to come to the realization that those writing skills need to be put to better use. I need to write for an audience who will truly appreciate my prose! (ok so maybe only my mom will "follow" me....if I show her how! ) So here we go, I am embarking on this blog-writing journey with reckless abandon. I am going to write about everything and nothing. I may review a product or service or I may just reflect on my observations of various aspects of my life as a mom, wife, teacher, friend, daughter, pet owner, local theater star (best. dolphin. ever.), farmer, international traveler, and many more.
I may become an "influencer" or I may only have two followers (Thanks, Mom and Dad!) but this will give me an opportunity for a creative outlet from the daily stresses of life.
Here goes nothing!
Recently, I have to come to the realization that those writing skills need to be put to better use. I need to write for an audience who will truly appreciate my prose! (ok so maybe only my mom will "follow" me....if I show her how! ) So here we go, I am embarking on this blog-writing journey with reckless abandon. I am going to write about everything and nothing. I may review a product or service or I may just reflect on my observations of various aspects of my life as a mom, wife, teacher, friend, daughter, pet owner, local theater star (best. dolphin. ever.), farmer, international traveler, and many more.
I may become an "influencer" or I may only have two followers (Thanks, Mom and Dad!) but this will give me an opportunity for a creative outlet from the daily stresses of life.
Here goes nothing!
Comments
Post a Comment